for INSTITUTIONAL SALES/ NON-THEATRICAL SCREENINGS: use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
for INSTITUTIONAL streaming-only licensing, contact Kanopy (click here)
“David Weissman’s WE WERE HERE is a moving, elegant film that focuses on loss in San Francisco during the AIDS crisis. Weissman’s unhurried pacing allows us to experience, sit with loss as we listen to the range of voices who witnessed and remember the devastating loss of life from AIDS.” Ron Gregg, Film Studies and LGBT Studies, Yale University
“This exceptional, eye-opening film and the moving and deeply personal stories shared by the panelists changed the way our students and faculty think about HIV/AIDS and about what it means to build and to be a community. WE WERE HERE should be required viewing on every campus!” J. David Macey, Jr., Ph.D. Professor & Chairperson, Department of English, University of Central Oklahoma
“A beautiful and moving film. Such wonderful profiles, such deep feeling, so much dignity and respect in the storytelling… WE WERE HERE is a must for courses and events across a variety of disciplines.” Josh Gamson, Professor of Sociology, University of San Francisco
- Broadcast on PBS (US), ABC (Australia) BBC (UK), CBC (Canada); also Brazil, Israel, Mexico and more
- Nominated for an Independent Spirit Award (Best Documentary, 2011).
- Nominated for National Emmy Award (Outstanding Historical Programming 2013).
- Official selection at: Sundance Film Festival, Berlin Film Festival and over 140 other film festivals internationaly
- Shortlisted for the “Best Documentary” Academy Award.
- Screened at over 100 Universities and World AIDS Day and LGBT Pride Month events.
- Appropriate for LGBT and Gender Studies, American History and Studies, Sociology, Nursing and more…
Institutional DVD Sales:
$295 for universities, colleges, and private Educational Institutions
(includes Learning Guide, as a PDF)
$99 for Public Libraries and Public Schools.
$79 for AIDS organizations, Community Groups and Religious Organizations
Institutional DVD sale includes performance rights to groups under 50. No admission may be charged. No copies may be made. Use is for your institution only – there is no inter-library loan.
If you are interested in broader rights, including perpetual streaming rights, please inquire.
for INSTITUTIONAL SALES/ NON-THEATRICAL SCREENINGS: